Carl and Marisa Hahn Foundation (formerly Carl H. Hahn Family Foundation)
Established in 2006, the foundation is a private, non-profit foundation having legal capacity based in Wolfsburg. The foundation was renamed in remembrance of the founder, Marisa Hahn, who died in June 2013.
The purposes of the foundation embrace
- predominantly education advancement, especially in the area of early childhood education, for example in the form of projects aimed at improving the future perspectives of children by means of learning and language programs at an early and pre-school age;
- promotion of old people’s welfare;
- support for institutions in the areas of art, culture and the protection of historical buildings and monuments;
- promotion of science and research, in particular in the area of healthcare;
- aid for people who have run into difficulties or who are suffering from hardship within the meaning of Article 53 AO (German tax code).
At the moment the foundation, which has a capital of €2.175 million (as at 30.06.2013), operates in Wolfsburg and the neighboring administrative districts, as well as the catchment area of the “Saxony International School Carl Hahn” (SIS), Glauchau/Zwickau since 1 July 2011. At a later stage the geographical funding area is to be expanded to include the cities of Chemnitz, Zwickau and Changchun (China). However, the advancement of science and research is not subject to any geographical limits.
The foundation’s tasks are exercised by the Foundation Chairman and the Foundation Board of Trustees.
Prof. Dr. rer. pol. Carl H. Hahn
Foundation Board of Trustees
Dr. jur. Hans-Viggo von Hülsen, Chairman
Christopher A. Hahn, Deputy Chairman
Pia Hahn Marocco
Peter Andreas Hahn
Deutsche Bank AG